Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Does adding ponies to a room make it a "Pony Room?"




When Fathead released a set of My Little Pony FIM wall graphics earlier this year, my initial reaction was something along the lines of "That's fun for a child's room." Not so much because I am above adorning my walls with images of ponies, but more so because I have a very strict rule of no ponies outside the Pony Room and wall space is premium real estate in that place. Given the choice between erecting new display shelving or slapping pony stickers on an empty wall, shelves will win every time.

Fast forward a few months, and now I find myself plotting a full take over of the main floor office. It is currently painted in murals of flowers and weeping willows. The previous owner used the room as a child's bedroom. I've never been a fan, but for lack of inspiration it hasn't been touched since we moved in almost two years ago. Plus, it has really high ceilings and if I'm going to spend that much time balancing myself and a paint roller on a ladder taller than a step stool, I better be committed to the idea. I'm thinking since I spend most of my time in the office working on My Little Pony projects, why not just embrace it and share the space with Twilight Sparkle and the gang?

I've assured my husband that pony wall graphics do not equal "My Little Pony Room Part 2", but I don't think he is entirely convinced.


No comments: