Monday, December 20, 2010

Whatever Happened?

A few years ago my friend, Mary, and I went to see the My Little Pony Live stage show. We had a great time despite the fact that we were quite possibly the only attendees that did not have a child under the age of 6 in tow.

The other day, I found myself randomly wondering what happened to the costumes used in the show. I know Hasbro has the giant Pinkie Pie costume in house because they brought it out at both the 2008 and 2009 My Little Pony Fairs for photo opportunities. The funny thing about the Pinkie costume is that the back legs used to "float" behind the pony but when I last saw it in 2009 they had attached wheels to the back legs since they had started to sag and drag behind.

So, we know what happened to Pinkie, but what about Thistle Whistle? Where the heck did Rarity and Minty go? Are they sitting in some warehouse or someone's basement somewhere, or were they sold off after the MLP Live show ended? I think they are adorable and it is a shame that they have simply vanished.

For those who may have completely missed out on My Little Pony Live and have no idea what I'm talking about, or those who want to relive the stage show it is available on DVD.

My Little Pony Live: The World's Biggest Tea Party

No comments: