Monday, September 8, 2014

On the Horizon: Pony Fair 2015

   I just returned from a weekend trip to tour a potential 2015 Fair site. I was very impressed by both the location, amenities offered, and the friendliness and excitement of the staff about the possibility of hosting our event. I put in a call earlier this morning to the local business licensing office to get the details for their licensing process. After the hoops I had to jump through last year in Franklin, Tennessee, I want to be sure that the process is straightforward. The run around that I had to deal with last year was exhausting.

For those who may be anxiously awaiting the location announcement, here is a hint:


Anyway, I'm very excited about this location and I really hope that it works out on all fronts. Mary and I had some terrific meals and some great buys from our impromptu shopping trip to the local outlet mall. Overall, I think our visit was a success! The Fair has grown so much in the past few years and it requires me to start planning for the next year earlier and earlier. While I love having a break to sit back relax, and reflect on what can make the next event even better, it is nice to hit the ground running and get things organized early instead of rushing around.

Here's to successful 2015 Pony Fair planning!

No comments: