Saturday, June 4, 2011

"My Little Obsession" Documentary Film trailer is online!

Premiering July 8th as part of the My Little Pony Fair Convention festivities, My Little Obsession is a feature length documentary centered around My Little Pony and the people who collect them. Check out the film trailer. I had the honor to be interviewed for Julie's film and am so excited to see the finished product!



The film's director, Julie (also known as MustBeJewel), wrote the following to describe her film:

"In 1980, the My Little Pony line of toy figures and merchandise was created by a New England woman named Bonnie Zacharie. Little did she know that with her simple idea, she would create a legacy that would last well into the twenty-first century.
The funny thing about My Little Pony collectors is that they cannot easily be picked out of a crowd. They are students, lawyers, nurses, taxidermists, Broadway actors, teachers, and florists. Most of them conduct their lives just like anyone else, with the same mundane day-to-day obligations that everyone has to face. Yet these same people have hundreds or even thousands of these small plastic ponies displayed or stored in their homes, with values that would blow your mind.
We will meet people who have enormous collections, some with whole rooms of their houses devoted to displaying their collections. Some were parents or children in the 80's, and some are children growing up with the newest generation of My Little Pony. And on this eccentric and upbeat journey, we will celebrate a nearly 3-year legacy, and find out just what it means to be a My Little Pony collector."

1 comment:

Laura said...

Really want to see this. Do you know if it will come out on DVD?