Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ponies, Tour, and a Giant Pinkie Pie!


I've officially returned from my trip to the 2008 My Little Pony Fair Collector's Convention. It was a terrific event with top-notch speakers and sneak peaks at upcoming products. While I enjoyed every minute of the convention, I have to say my favorite part was the Hasbro tour. In addition to hearing Bonnie Zacherle recount the beginnings of My Little Pony, we were treated to presentations by the marketing, licensing, and product design departments. No pictures were allowed inside the research and development department, but I did catch some gorgeous design drawings of a future art pony on the wall of a cubicle! I hope that one makes it to the shelves! At the end of the tour each attendee was given a pink (of course!) bag with one of the new core 7 ponies and a special 25th anniversary silver pin. While we waited for the buses to arrive to take us back to the convention center, we were greeted by Pinkie Pie from the MLP Live stage show.


Be sure to check back soon for video footage!

No comments: