Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Make-Your-Own My Little Pony Collection at Build-A-Bear Workshop

Back in April, when Build-A-Bear Workshop launched their Make-Your-Own Pony Collection with Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash and special outfits I was beyond excited. I loved the look of the ponies and their brushable hair. After all, as a MLP collector, you tend to get excited if their hair can be brushed.

As I was drooling over the promo pictures released online and planning my trip to Build-A-Bear, I had the brilliant idea of inviting Build-A-Bear Workshop to host a Make-Your-Own Pony Party at the 2013 MY LITTLE PONY Fair. Even though the MLP products are to be sold exclusively in Build-A-Bear Workshop stores, Hasbro gave them the all clear to participate in the Fair. So, while I wanted to go make my Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash right away, I patiently waited until the MY LITTLE PONY Fair and I'm so glad I did.

The MY LITTLE PONY Fair Make-Your-Own Pony Party hosted by Build-A-Bear was a huge success and so much fun. I was able to snap some photos of some of the Fair goers as they participated in the Heart Ceremony.





Cute right?

This past Friday, I took my little guy to Build-A-Bear. He had never been and has recently been begging to go to make a kitty cat after seeing the Build-A-Bear commercial. Of course I was on board since the new Twilight Sparkle and Spike had been released. Plus, I had lots of "Bear Bucks" I had earned from scheduling the Fair BAB party. I invited my Cousin and her little girl to go with us and it was an all around great day. Both little ones made their own animal and I can home with Twilight Sparkle (with her outfit) and Spike.

I really like the large size of the Build-A-Bear Ponies. I had them add extra stuffing since my will be displayed on a shelf in the Pony Room. I noticed that while the Build-A-Bear did have the Rainbow Dash Plush Ponies available (in addition to Twilight Sparkle) it seems that Pinkie Pie has been discontinued.

Here are a couple of photos of my newest collection additions as well as a photo of L and his "New Kitty" just because. Enjoy!





2 comments:

dannyscotland said...

Maybe they'll come out with Fluttershy and Rarity and then I can take my daughter. :-) Those are our favorites.
Your son is so cute!

Summer said...

I've heard it through sources that Fluttershy may be headed to Build-A-Bear in November. Thanks for the compliment on my little guy. :)