Monday, April 16, 2012

Pony Memory Lane

Today I am guilty of being sidetracked. I intended to check off several items on my to do list and instead found myself searching through old disks. Over the years, I've been guilty of shoving my disks full of photos, documents, and software into a couple of storage boxes and I  keep promising myself that someday I'll sit down and view and organize them all someday. Apparently, today was someday.

I had set out to find my missing Adobe Photoshop disk so I can load it on my new laptop but instead found myself spending a couple of hours immersed in photos and documents once thought lost to antiquity.

Included in my discoveries was a disk full of photos from the first pony meet I held way back in 2002, My Little Pony Celebration: A Midwest Pony Meet. The funny thing is that several of the attendees are still active collectors today and I still run into them either at events or through trading or selling transactions. Small pony world. Anyway, I thought I'd share a few.

I'm the one sporting the pony shirt.

Always nice to have the ponies come to your house.

My Little Fakie Drive- We hit fakies with golf clubs.

We played Pin the Tail on the Pony

My boyfriend (now my husband) and I demonstrated how to make replacement flutter wings. He must of really liked me back then!

And of course, the group picture.


Ten years later, I'm organizing the My Little Pony Fair have had four My Little Pony guides published, and still going strong. Who knew?

No comments: