Friday, January 8, 2010

The 5 Stages of Toy Collecting

Today, I stumbled upon Juliana Heng's website about toy collecting (she collects MLP among other toy lines and posts tips and tricks of the trade for collectors). She has penned a terrific collection of posts that outline the 5 stages of toy collecting. I found Juliana's insight and opinions on this matter right on target. Plus, it was fun to think back on my years as a MLP collector and reminice as I remembered myself going through each stage.

She divides the stages into the following and includes a detailed description of tendencies found in each stage:
1.The newbie stage
2.The rapid growth stage
3.The nirvana stage
4.The guru stage
5. The casual stage

This girl really has toy collecting down to a science with tips on everything from storage, to cleaning, to toy funds management. If you get a chance, you should visit her website!

No comments: